Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Merry Christmas!!

And a very Happy New Year!



So, I'm a little late.   The craziness of the holiday's took a toll and I've been too tired to stay up and attempt to blog.    So today I handed The Tornado my iphone, put him on my lap and started typing.  Ahh, the joys of technology.

Did everyone have a good Christmas? I hope so. I know we sure did.   On Christmas Eve we had our traditional Christmas Eve prime rib and the in-laws.  It was fun.  Delicious.    After that we came home, where Cias begged and begged and begged to open just.one.present! PLEASE!    Mima(my mom) found one that he could open.  It was a Pokemon ball that she had crocheted for him. He loved it.  As did Samuel, who was asleep by then and didn't get to open anything.

On Christmas morning, I woke up bright and early to get the turkey in the oven.   As I crawled back into my nice cozy bed, I heard Cias wake up.   Knowing he was anxious to open a present, or a stocking, I decided I was also too excited to sleep. So I channeled the little boy from the Disneyland commercial and got up and went into the living room.  By then Cias had already dumped out his stocking, went through the goodies and stuffed them back in again, to make it look like it hadn't been touched.  Yeah, nice try.. LOL.    As soon as Sammy got out of bed, he saw the presents, grabbed one and ripped it open. Thankfully it was his.. A blanket from Santa.  :)




Checking out the loot.  That's not even all of it.  More came when the rest of the relatives came.







Soon everyone came, breakfast was eaten and presents were opened.  I didn't get many pictures because I was trying to help Sammy open his presents.  The boys loved all of their presents.    Puzzles, piano, Pokemon cards, Legos, board games.. All the goodies. Plus new bikes!  


 Cias got a Tony Hawk bike. White with cool black markings on it.












Sammy got a cool black balance bike.  He really does like it, despite his face in the picture. LOL












After presents were opened, we ate a delicious lunch of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, veggies, rolls and more.  All cooked by me.  What a fun and wonderful undertaking that was.  

In all, I'd say it was a very good day.    

Ooh, but before I sign off, I have to tell you about the cake balls I made.    I took a baked chocolate cake, added in some of the most delicious frosting EVER(Thanks to the Pioneer Woman for posting it) and rolled it into balls. Chilled those for a day or two. Then melted some candy coating and crushed up some candy canes.  I then dipped each cake ball into the candy coating and then into the crushed candy canes. The result?  A little ball of heaven..

  
They may not look like much in the picture, but take my word for it, they are GOOOOOD.  :)

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment